C&L

C&L

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Trick or Treat

Hope everyone had a great Halloween. What is it that we are celebrating? Hmm.. not sure about this holiday, but I do like the candy. Of course, Micah saw a ton of monsters around this time which isn't helping him sleep. The shadows are scaring him a bit at night and he has decided there are monsters on one side of his bed. So he sleeps all the way up against the front side of the crib. I purchased some "Monster Spray" from a friends that sells Pure Haven Essentials. It's a Lavender essential oil spray to help them sleep, but you can also use it as a "get rid of monster's spray." Seems like I could use it right now.

Trunk or Treat was so much fun with Micah's cousins on Saturday. We had a blast walking around to each trunk and getting candy. It was way easier than walking around our neighborhood. However, M did a lot better than I thought he would. It was a game to see if we could find the houses with the porch lights on. We went out by Hannah and Rachel to a church called North Metro Baptist. They had food trucks, petting zoo, and tons of jumpy houses....all free (except the food). So nice! I love when you can have a good time without spending a fortune. Liam, Riley and Caleb were the characters from PJ Masks. Which you will only know if you have a toddler and watch the show. Same thing with Averie, she was a viking from "How to Train Your Dragon" which I have never seen. She still looked really cute. And Micah.. well... He was a cute Pirate. I mean he really loved being a pirate, and we got a picture with a guy who had his trunk set up as a pirate theme. There were some really creative trunks there. I was pleasantly surprised.







On Sunday, I volunteered at church in the childcare playhouse for 3 and 4 year olds.  It gave me a new appreciation for all those workers. It's not easy at all. I think I could be really good at it though. 

When I got home Micah and I painted his pumpkin outside on the deck. Then he took a nap. On that note...I put him down about an hour ago in his crib. He acted like he couldn't take life anymore and was crying hysterically and just acting so incredibly tired and now he's been playing in there for AN HOUR. What's wrong with him? He's acting perfectly fine. I just want him to SLEEEEP!!!!! Anyways, so Sunday night we got to play with Isabella and Parker at Maggie's house. He now asked to go over Bella's house all the time. It's really sweet.



Here's me on Sunday at 31 weeks.



Monday Craig got home a bit early since it was Halloween and I was able to run out and vote! I didn't realize it was going to take an hour and a half of standing in line to get it done, but I'm so glad it's over with. I'm happy that everyone is trying to get out and vote, but sheesh!! Took forever. 


Last night we got Micah to eat his salmon, broccoli and rice (which I was super grateful) before trick or treating. My neighbor Betsy had a little fire going in her front driveway where you could roast marshmallows and make s'mores. I'm not going to lie...it hit the spot!! So yummy. We had a great time trick or treating. I thought we might get to a few houses, but we went pretty far and a lot of people were home. 



  stopping at Victors house to play trains in the garage while mommy got a s'more!




Look at that LOOT. He woke up this morning and told his daddy he needed his candy bucket. HELP! I like that I can get him to eat his food with him wanting candy, but it's all I hear right now. Candy...Candy...Candy.  Craig and I played a little prank on M. IT wasn't very nice, but Jimmy Kimmel has a segment on his show every halloween where parents do this and I always wanted to try it. I'm so mean!!!




Love you all




No comments:

Post a Comment