C&L

C&L

Friday, April 15, 2016

Update

It was a long exhausting day. Micah's fever finally broke around 11am and we took off early for our doctors visit bc I knew he would fall asleep. He slept for about an hour before I had to wake him to go inside. It was so sad. He needed to sleep so bad that he was miserable at the office. It didn't help that it took forever to see the doctor and then they did a few tests. Our doctor found a few red bumps in his throat which could be the cause of his fever but tested negative for strep and the flu.  I'm so thankful he seems to be doing better. I'm a little nervous he might spike again so I don't wAnt to be too confident.

I'm just laying here in bed remembering last night. Thinking of all the moms who have to see their kids suffer much more than I did. It was so hard for me to deal with it but at the same time he needed me to be strong. Stronger than I knew I could be. That's what happens when you become a mom. You love harder and become stronger than you ever knew was possible. It was a full 24 hour day of care. I'm pooped. He was a clinger too. I wasn't able to walk away from him for longer than a minute before he would cry for me. Sheesh. I'm hoping he's back to his independent playful self tomorrow.

We have to keep an eye on him if his fever returns and see how his throat looks in a few days. Whatever this was, was a hard lesson for both of us. Glad my baby is ok and I survived one of many sleepless nights over the well-being of my child.

Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment