C&L

C&L

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Helmet head

Recently I've seen a lot of babies wearing helmets. This makes me a little nervous because I've noticed Micah has been mostly turning his head to the right. I think it's my job to worry about every little thing. I don't want to obsess over anything too much cuz I'll go crazy.  Has this thing been going on for a long time? I guess I've never NOTICED babies wearing helmets for flat head. Did they have this back when I was little? There are so many things I am learning as a parent. Most things I worry about are the ones I have no control over. I will keep an eye on it and ask at His 4 month appointment. 
I was reading up on this and I realized that our parents put us on our bellies to sleep. No wonder we never saw this growing up. I see how common it is now. I 've been asking around and it seems like every baby gets it. Some might be more severe than others. I am now putting a washcloth under him to make him sleep on the other side of his head.
He still isn't lifting his head up while on his tummy. Once he does this I think his head shape will get better.

I went to Ross and bought 6 month Sleepers!! How did this happen? He can't seem to stretch out his legs anymore in his pjs.  He is growing up too fast. I know I always say that, but it so true.

He wore a cute vest for church on Sunday and I took a picture. He is dong great in the nursery!
I got a new phone on Saturday and we were trying out the camera feature (since that's a big reason I bought it) and Craig snapped this photo. I cannot believe his face in this. What a goober!! I just love it. I should blow this on up and put it in his room. haha

Love you all!!!

1 comment:

  1. Another good thing to do to avoid a flat head is to flip him to the other side of the crib every few weeks, he probably prefers to look one way (wall or out into his room) and flipping him in his crib will force him to turn his head the other way to look at his favorite view! I have one boy with a very odd shaped head, he could have used a helmet. I really didn't know much about helmets then!

    ReplyDelete