C&L

C&L

Monday, August 4, 2014

We're so Fancy!

Happy MONDAY!!!
Wow.. we had a packed weekend. Saturday night we went to a surprise birthday party for our Life Group friend Lobelia. She actually turned 30 today, but her husband threw together a surprise party at the Stonebriar Country Club. We had to look a little fancy so Micah put on his cute overalls and Craig and I dressed up. Isn't he so cute in this outfit? My mom picked it out way before he was born. 
Here he is sitting with Craig during dinner. He was so good. Craig and I both got to eat and he slept a little, cooed a little, and never cried once. 


This is me and Lobelia. She reached out to me right away after meeting me at church. I was 8 months prego and she also moved here when she was 6 months pregnant last year and knew how it feels to be in a new city with no family. She is a really great person and God placed her in my life at the right time!!

Okay. I finally washed all these cloth diapers and put them together. Woah baby! Lots of work. But.. Hey they are super cute! haha. You can see Lotte thinks they are a comfy pillow. Has anyone else tried cloth diapers? And if so, any tips, tricks on best way to keep up with them. Washing, drying>>? 

On Sunday afternoon we went over to see Ashley and Cory Dye's house. They live in Grapevine. Craig went fishing with Cory a few weeks ago and they caught tons of White Bass. They fried them up and we got to eat them yesterday. Pretty good, I have to say. Craig and I brought dessert. We made the Strawberry, Vanilla pudding, Cool Whip and Angel Food Cake layering dessert. I don't know the name of it, but Craig says it's one of his sister's favorites and I sure know why!! It was delish. Of course it's not on the "diet" list and I gotta get back on my game here. 

I need to go grocery shopping today. I'm thinking of browsing pinterest if I have time to see if there's any new crock pot ideas. I love using the grill, but I'm thinking only once or twice a week now because it's hard to have to wait for Craig to get home and then put them on the grill. It's like 7 p.m. by the time we are done eating. Also, cudos to Craig for losing about 20 pounds (jealous!!) I think his baby weight is almost gone. He definitely gained as much as I did during pregnancy, however, he's losing it a lot faster than me. 

I just want to say this new job I have of being a "mommy" is probably the best job in the world. I am really enjoying it. Now 2 babies might be another story... but I am determined to give Micah a brother or sister in a year or so.

LOTS OF LOVE FROM TEXAS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment