C&L

C&L

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

My LIL Yoda

Look at those ears!! He is just too cute. I like to tell people he is my little Yoda. We tried to go outside for a bit yesterday because it's been so nice outside. It's in the 70's this week and I am starting to get out my fall clothes. People around here have been wearing fall clothes since October started and I am trying to get in with the trend, but it's hard when it doesn't feel like fall. Micah is finally starting to hold is head up better in this walker and the bouncer. He can't reach in this walker quite yet...but I have a feeling he is going to love traveling around on our wood floors soon. He is sleeping through the night now.  From 8 p.m. until around 7 a.m. It's been an awesome transition for us to all get some good sleep and him to wake up the same time we do. Craig gets to spend some good time with him in the morning before he leaves. That might change soon because he will be traveling downtown for his new rotation.
On Friday we are going to go out to lunch one last time and his co-workers are going to join us! Also one of the women there who took some photos for us of Micah when he was born is pregnant. She just told us yesterday and she is due in MAY!! What a good month. I'm very excited for her.  This is my third friend who announced she is due in May. Craziness.

Yesterday I tried a new recipe to make chicken dumpling soup. It turned out awesome and was very easy.
Here is what you need:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( I used 6-7 tenderloins and turned out great too) 2 Tbsp. butter 2 cans cream of chicken soup 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth 1/2 onion, diced OR you can use 2 Tbsp. dried, diced onion 1 Tbsp. dried parsley 4 Grands flaky refrigerator biscuits - 

Just put the chicken and butter in the crockpot. Put the cream of chicken on top and then add the broth. Next the onion and parsley. I did 4 hours on High (because I started at 12) but you can do 6-8 hours on low also. Then shred the chicken and put back in the pot. Cut the dough biscuits into four to make small dumplings and put in the crock pot and stir around. Then another hour on high to cook the biscuits. Viola!! I would add some kind of vegetable if I did it again. Like peas or green beans. Maybe add then already cooked at the end.

Chicago is around the corner. I am so excited and thrilled to be coming home. Just wish we had more time to see everyone.

Here are some more pics from my phone of the little one for you all :






Have a great HUMP DAY


No comments:

Post a Comment