C&L

C&L

Friday, April 18, 2014

GOOD Friday

Happy Good Friday.
It's so good to be alive today and remember Jesus was "Pierced for our transgressions: he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed." Isaiah 53:5  I feel so lucky to be living this life because I don't deserve any of it. God sent his one and only son to save the world. I can't imagine watching my newborn suffer and die to save the rest of the world. As a parent that hasn't even seen my child yet, I am emotional just thinking about it. I am so thankful that God forgives and gives each and every one of us grace that we don't deserve.
Yesterday I was talking to a friend about labor and how painful it looks. I said, "God really wanted us women to go through real pain to feel joy." God works in mysterious ways, and it made me think of many times in our lives we have to struggle and go through so much pain to find the joy on the other side. I'm sure every woman going through labor is thinking how they will never get through it. Afterwards when it's all over and they hold their little one, every single tear was worth it.
What if we looked at every struggle in life like labor. At first thinking this is going to feel never ending and that there's no way through it. As long as you hold on to God and the ones who love you there is JOY in the morning. Jesus had to endure so much pain to give us all eternal life and he knew the struggle was worth it. I have so many in my life who are struggling with emotional and mental pain. I want them to know that there is JOY on the other side. As humans we make mistakes and we don't deserve a perfect life. But if we go through these struggles with God by our side, he will give us immeasurable strength. He knows how we feel, and also has great plans in store for our lives as long as we keep him INVOLVED in our lives.
I have to remember who I am living for, because many days I live for myself and my husband and of course my little one. Thank goodness for GOOD FRIDAY to remind us of the one who we need to live for. I thank God for sending his son so that I could have my son and teach him about Good Friday .. and the grace of God our Father.

Love Love Love

No comments:

Post a Comment