C&L

C&L

Friday, April 11, 2014

Just keep swimming..

Hey Hey Hey...

It's Friday!! I swear the days goes by so slow, but the weeks fly by. Is that possible? That's how I feel. Anyways, I've been trying to keep busy these days and it's getting tough. I washed all Micah's clothes and blankets, and burp cloths. Now we just have to hang the decorations in his room and organize. I don't want to wash all the bottles just yet. I have started to pack my hospital bag though. I feel like I'm 38 weeks and he is getting real big---Here's my latest selfie at 33 wks


Craig and I are taking childbirth classes right now and we are not sure if learning all this stuff is preparing us or scaring us. We watched someone in class give birth naturally without any drugs and it looked awful. I mean seriously was so draining to watch. I like watching "Teen Mom" better when they skip all the hard stuff and then you see the baby. We learned what Craig can do to help me through the contractions and pain management. Afterwards I scheduled a prenatal massage because I decided I deserved one since Craig only can last for about 5 minutes. I think the best part about going to these classes is being together. Craig likes to crack jokes and made the teacher laugh several times...(you all know Craig)
This weekend we are going to help someone at Craig's work move. Her name is Callie and she is really sweet. I wanted to go out with her and her husband and she said they were moving this weekend, so I offered up Craig to help them. You gotta get friends and this is the best way. Then on Sunday we are going to a luncheon at the new church were attending called Chase Oaks. Hopefully we can get plugged in with a life group and meet the staff.
One thing that always helps me when we first move is COOKING. I love looking up recipes on Pinterest and making easy dinner dishes that look hard. This past month I have been so proud of myself. I want to prepare as many meals while I can. Here are a couple of my favorites so far: Chicken Roll Ups were amazing and so juicy.


I should have taken a picture myself. That's something I need to be better at. Also, I've made Pesto Shrimp Linguine, Craig's Fav  Parmesan Chicken, Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole, Breaded Parm Pork Chops (best pork chops I've ever made) Chx Enchiladas, and this one was interesting Meatball Sub Casserole--I actually took a picture of this one:

But I have to say my staple is the Crock pot Chx Tacos that I will be able to make even when Micah gets here.  Seriously, everyone needs to do this. And trust me is feeds a family of AT LEAST five. Lay chicken breasts in crockpot, then put taco seasoning on the chx, then add a can of your favorite salsa. That's IT! I put in a can or whole kernel corn and black beans so give it more veggies. Cook on low for 6 hours and shred the chicken and mix together in the pot once time is up. 
Also, something I've been trying to do everyday is healthy smoothies. I got a super nice blender for a wedding present and NEVER used it. Now it's getting beaten down. haha. I found an easy recipe that never gets old. Greek Vanilla Yogurt, Vanilla Soy Milk, Frozen Banana, (any other fruit I want to add that day like strawberries, or kiwi, blueberries) then add Spinach and Kale. It's so good and you can never taste the spinach or kale. I used to put some peanut butter in there too, makes it more like dessert. I don't get a lot of veggies in my diet each day, so this makes me feel a whole lot better. 

Lots of Love!!! Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment