C&L

C&L

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Cousin look alikes

I was looking through old photos yesterday while pumping at my computer and saw pictures of Liam as a baby. It took me by surprise how much Micah looks just like him as a baby.If I had a pic of them in the same position it would be even harder to pick out. Liam is on the left a Micah (with his Yoda ear) is on the right. Micah has one of his daddy"s ears and one of his mommy's. I'm not even kidding. He has two different ears and its sooo cute.

Yesterday I was able to get out and get my hair done. I feel so much better now. Like a New MOM:) Seriously don't know what I'm going to do when my mom leaves. I am going to go a little crazy, but I'm sure every new mom goes through that stage. I love my little guy and can't wait till he starts to recognize me and starts to have his first giggles. They say around 6 weeks this happens and he is almost 4 weeks already. Can you believe it?

At the salon yesterday it was interesting because my hair dresser is trying to get pregnant and it's so fun to be able to talk to her all about what I did and feel like someone needs my advice. We get along so great because when I over heard the girls next to me all they were talking about was their dogs and I remember that stage. Of course Lotte is still my baby girl, but it's definitely different now. I also over heard them saying how they didn't want kids and some people shouldn't have them. They cost too much and take up too much of your time. I really wanted to ask them how old they were because I remember how I was NOT ready for a baby at 24. I couldn't even fathom it. But now I am turning 28 and my whole view of children has changed. I hope our generation isn't so self absorbed that we can't even have kids. I mean I even heard her say... well, If I don't have kids I'll have more money when I get old to travel. Wow. I guess everyone has different priorities. As a women going through childbirth is an experience God wanted us all to have. The love for another human being to have a sense of just how much God loves us.  I know not everyone loves their children the same, but most people would give their life for their kids. That's what life is all about. Living for God and not yourself. We are so consumed with money and things these days that having kids is now looked at as a burden.

I believe Micah is a present from God and will help me grow as a woman of faith (especially once my mom leaves) I don't want to be consumed by this world, but consumed with the love of God, family, and friends.

I really do love you all and hope your week is going great.

No comments:

Post a Comment