C&L

C&L

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Goodbye

This morning I had to say goodbye to my mom. She was here for 2 weeks and it went by so fast. It's going to be hard to do everything alone this week. Micah is 4 weeks and 2 days old today. My mom and I got to do a lot while she was here. We even went to the mall and shopped for almost 5 hours. I think we could shop for a living.. haha we are really good at it. We took mom to Whiskey Cake yesterday and tried the "Whiskey Cake" that's it's known for.
I took a picture kind of late when it was almost all gone. ha


It was so nice having my mom around. I don't know when I will see her again and it's sad. I am very lucky that she was able to come for so long though. Micah seems to be growing so fast. We are going to his one month appointment on Thursday and I'm very curious to find out how much he weighs now.

I made some caramel pecan blondie's this week with my mom and we really enjoyed them. It was super easy to make. Here is the recipe:
25 Caramel soft cremes
1 tablespoon flour plus 1 1/4 cup flour
6 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup pecans
Canola nonstick spray

Directions:
cut up caramels and toss in a bowl with 1 TBL flour or I bought bite size caramels for baking and skipped this step.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a large bowl beat butter and brown sugar about 1 minute until fluffy
Add egg, milk, and vanilla and beat together
In medium bowl mix flour, soda, and salt
Add flour mix to batter
Spray pan with non stick spray...Spread half batter in a 9 by 9 pan
layer the caramels and then pecans
Top with rest of batter and spray spatula with nonstick spray to help spread it.
Bake for 25 mins or until golden brown

 We are going back to Life Group tonight for the first time since he was born. Hopefully it goes well.

Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment