C&L

C&L

Monday, June 2, 2014

Mookie Bear

Nicknames are fun. It's hard not to call Micah "buddy" or "bubba" but I am trying to give him a cute nickname. Mookie is something I came up with before he was born. I know it's kind of weird but I like it.

Last night was a tough one. He really doesn't like sleeping in the bassinet. So today I am trying to put him in there for his naps so he gets used to it. He just decides to be wide awake when we are exhausted and it's so funny. He got up every hour until around 3 a.m. last night. I was going a little bit crazy. He seems to do a lot better from 3 a.m. to 9 a.m. I know everyone says make sure to sleep when your baby sleeps, but it's way harder to do than it sounds. I'm finally up and had my coffee and feel like I'm ready for the day. I don't get sleepy until 4 p.m. and then I try to take naps.

The mornings just fly by. It's so crazy. I can't believe he is 10 days old today!! How did this happen? He's still so small and I love it. We are doing better with diaper changes since my last blog. I haven't had too many accidents. His umbilical cord has fallen off and so has his plastibell (which is how the circumcised him) Craig googled what it's supposed to look like after it falls off and it was really weird to search for newborn penis'. I think we might be googling more and more unusual things.

We have been so blessed with incredible friends around the area bringing us food. We haven't had to cook since we got home from the hospital and have eaten all kinds of home cooked meals. Pot roast, chicken tacos, white chicken enchiladas, spinach pasta, and even got brought Jason's Deli!! I can't believe how we moved knowing no one and have gotten so much support.

Yesterday we made our first Target run. It was a lot of fun but also nerve racking. We brought a bottle of breast milk just in case. We made it back home just in time for him to eat. It was great!! We definitely needed to get out. We picked up the first season of "House of Cards" for 15 bucks! I'm so glad cuz we need a show to watch and keep us interested.

I took this picture the other day and I don't think life gets any better than this. Craig and little Micah sleeping together. Which don't worry I'm always watching because Craig is such a big guy I get nervous. haha but what new mom isn't a nervous wreck??


So cute right??

Love you all... Have a great MONDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment