C&L

C&L

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Tour de Hospital

Thursday

Last night was our last childbirth class. I guess that means we're ready... NOT.  This morning we both woke up feeling nervous and scared of what's to come. I mean there are so many emotions right now it's hard to feel one certain way. The hospital was OK. The bed's they have for me don't look very comfortable, but I guess I'll find out. They have suite's you can upgrade too for 250-350 a night. We were considering it, but it just seems like we would regret spending all that money on a bigger room.

We also learned about C-sections and postpartum depression.  Craig didn't seem too interested in what the nurse was saying and later I learned he was upset that I would be going through all that. He said he wished he could take all the pain and go through it for me. It was kinda gross to here about how to take care of yourself after a baby comes out.

Today I'm starting the calendar countdown until baby Micah is here. I love this month. Everyone is always so happy when May comes around, and I will forever love this time.

Today I read a blog about having me-time. Something I've heard a lot about once you have a baby...there is no me-time anymore. She talked about how instead of feeling like we are giving away our time for others we should be making our me time about them.  Choosing to spend our "me time" with our babies just like Jesus chose to die on the cross for our sins. He could have chose an easier way or sent down the angels to save him, but he chose to be crucified and suffered because he loves us. This baby may take all my me-time from now on, but I will chose to love him and give myself to him wholeheartedly. Just as Jesus gave himself for me.
Praying for warmer weather for my friends and fam in Chi-town!! I love you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment